1. What do I need to run DSS on my computer?
Practically, DSS will work on whatever hardware You have – provided it was created in the current century. We recommend You to have at least:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB)
- Free hard disk space: 100 megabytes (MB)
2. What makes DSS stand out from other, similiar systems?
There are a few things. Such as:
- Very strong, file orientated protection, which guarantees the safety of Your documents.
- Your documents are protected both inside and outside the company – regardless of their current owner Only authorised people can open and use DSS protected documents.
- Any change in user rights can be made on the spot and from each device – all You need is internet connection.
- Real time protection and registry – DSS works all the time, to provide You with wha You need to finish the task.
- DSS is easy to use and quick to install. Moreover, if Your using the agentless solution, there is no instalation involved!
- Thanks to its simplicity, DSS does not require the attention of Your IT specialists.
- Great adaptability to new company structures. DSS can be customised to work on and with Your current systems.
- Room for exansion. DSS can be further developed to support specific file formats chosen by You.
3. What file formats does DSS support?
DSS has many modules, each with different features and applications. To the most common file formats supported, we may include:
- MS Office package. Doc. DOCX, xls, XLSX, RTF, PPT, PPTX, txt, XML
- Adobe Acrobat: Pdf
- Image files: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF
- other file formats, which if not included may be supported upon request.
4. Do I have to install something to protect my documents?
No, You dont.
If you want to protect your documents, you can chose between two solutions.
1. Installing the DSS agent, which is a program that provides a very high level of protection for Your documents.
2. Use the AST agent-less solution, which is a DSS relative – providing the same level of security, without taking space on Your hard drive
5. If I’m using DSS, can others open the documents I send them ?
It depends . If Your using the DSS agent, then the receiver of the document must have a DSS agent of their own.
With the DSS agent-less solution, there is no need for instalingl anything.
6. Does DSS affect the work of my network? Will it work slower?
Not really. The data exchanged between DSS and the server is insignificant (a few kilobytes). Whatsmore, this data exchange is not a continuous process, it occurs mostly when users try to access protected documents.
7. Can I exchange data with people outside my organization?
Yes. DSS enables You to share files with Your partners, clients and anyone else who isn’t a part of Your company. Even after Y0u send the documents to other users, Yuu will still be able to maintain control oevr them. Whatsmore, the DSS API (Application Programming Interface) allows for importing and exporting files from other managament systems. For example if You and Your partner company use differenr CRM or SCM systems, DSS can be integrated to work with both of them.
8. Can anyone access my data through DSS?
No, DSS protected documents remain protected on Your servers or device hard drive – exactly where You left them. DSS supports Your companies Data Security Policy by providing You a tool for encryption and user rights management. We do not store your files, nor have access to them.
9. Where do You store the protected data?
DSS does not store Your files. DSS is a tool that protects Your documents wherever they are, be it a laptop, tablet, USB stick, server, etc. This means DSS secured Your files exactly where they are and when they are. Only You as the owner can decide what to do and where to store Your sensitive documents.
10. Do You protect documents stored on CD’s, DVD’s, USB’s, e-mails and such?
Yes. DSS protects the files themselfs and stayes with them regardless of where they are. As a result, DSS helps You maintain control over all files, weather You remember about them or not. Even if You loose Your DVD or USB, You still maintain full power over protected documents.
11. Does DSS work on every operating system.
Yes. In generall, our software is prepared to support each, widely used system (OS).
When talking about the Data Security System spesificaly, our focus lies on Microsoft OS. DSS works on each version of Microsoft Windows, starting from Windows XP Professional up to its newest releases, for example Windows 10.
If Your working on a different OS, please give us a call. We have someting that might interest You.
12. What if I need to change user permissions for a document I have just sent? Do I need to send it again?
No. If You want to change user rights only for a specific person, all You need to do is log into the DSS Administration Panel and make the changes. Within a few moments everything will be set as You want it to be. DSS allows You to quickly change individual user rights but also group rights and file rights. These are especially useful in dynamic situations.
13. How Does DSS now I am the right user? Is it easy to break into my DSS account?
User authentication witihn DSS can work in two ways. First, users can log into the domain integrated with DSS and receive credentials from that domain. Second, log into DSS directly by typing their login and password. After automatically connecting with the server (via secure SSL connection), DSS provides the user with the rights assigned to him within DSS permissions.