When looking to improve the flow of documents within the comapany, safely manage high risk projects or keep sensitive data inside the company – You should use DSS.
DSS document logs will tell You:
- the number and type of activities done on protected documents (viewing, editing, copying, ect.)
- the exact time, place and device from which the actions done were on documents
- if there’s a need to change the working policy (i.e. less printed copies, more e-mails)
- about any permission breach (intentional or unintentional), like attempts of copying documets that should not be copied.
The primary goal for creating the DSS document logs, was to ensure the safety of company information. Provided with the knowledge about what’s happening with sensitive company documents, You will be able to honestly resolve any security or HR issue. Having the right information, allows You to distribute the needed user permissions and take action whenever other resources are needed. However, there is one more reason for using the DSS documents logs.
Supporting the decision making procecss
In order to succesfully manage a company, the person in charge needs to know whats going on inside of it. Usualy You rely stricly on company managers, heads of departments and assistants in order to learn what are the latest news. Having faith in Your staff is of great value and trusting their opinion creates the core of the enterprise. However people will remain people and as such, they cannot provide You with all the information You need. Using DSS You can support the decision making process with a source of totally new informationGrenzen des Unternehmens verlassen, so verbleibt es quasi ewig außerhalb des Einflussbereichs der Firma – möglicherweise auch direkten Zugriff der Konkurrenz, oder sogar für die gesamte Welt öffentlich einsehbar im Internet.
According to the document history, You can:
- measure work efficiency ,
- establish documents logistics (create a circuit map of the document flow)
- analyze which communication tool is most popular and/or most effective (i.e. e-mails, enterprise servers, cloud storage media, printed documents, etc.)
- measure the intensity of exchange of documents between employees, clients and partners
- find the source of information traffic jams (activity blocks).